0.13% of a station
On reflection, I think "trickle" may be over-stating it a bit - this is more of a slight dampening.
There is a document called Growth without Gridlock, which is KCC's grandiose plan for turning the Garden of England into a 24 hour blur of traffic. It includes:
- plans for a Third Thames Crossing (that the local councils at either end of the proposed crossing don't want),
- upgrades to the M2 and M20 (to squeeze more lorries through Dover),
- enhancements to Operation Stack (to provide parking for those lorries),
- upgrades to the high speed rail link to Ramsgate (to speed up the trains),
- and a new Manston Parkway station (to slow them down again).
All in all, as fine a display of joined-up thinking as we're likely to see from KCC any time soon, and a bargain at £1.77 billion. Yes, that's £1,770,000,000. KCC have been roaming the streets with their hands outstretched, seeking funds from every quarter. The latest mark to be suckered into coughing up is the Local Sustainable Transport FundRead More »