THE AIRPORT OWNERS WANT TO…
- be able to schedule flights throughout the night
- increase the number of night flights from 2 a week to 7.7 a night
- operate a "Quota Count" system: every plane has a QC number, the louder the plane, the larger the number. The airport wants an annual Quota Count total - a "plane noise budget" for night flights
- be able to fly planes up to and including QC4 (a 747 jumbo) at any time throughout the night
- apply the night flight Quota Count to planes flying between 11:30pm and 6am, even though the standard definition of "night" is 11pm to 7am.
Read More »