Yup, another night of misery for Ramsgate, as you’ll see from the comments below. Here’s a number of things for you all to think about:
- There will be a public meeting of KIACC (the Consultative Committee for the airport) on Tuesday 11th October. This is usually held in the passenger lounge at Manston. Time to be confirmed. [Correction: the KIACC meeting is Friday 21st October, time TBA. I was cruelly misled!]
- PLEASE could you check through the piss-poor replies you’ve had to earlier complaints for late Tuesday nights/early Wednesday mornings – I think we may have an unofficial timetable operating. Use the comments on this post to enter the date, time, and operator/aircraft details.
- A new contact within TDC for you is Madeline Homer, on email@example.com – Ms Homer has taken on Brian White’s role in Regeneration, and reported to the recent Airport Working Party that:
- the S106 is voluntary (wrong)
- the current monitoring gives no cause for concern (judge for yourselves)
(1) low flying flight at ten past midnight tonight coming over augusta road, ramsgate
(2) Large plane just landed at Manston at 12.05 a.m. Think blue and yellow livery, including 4 letters beginning A .T. ?. ?. Woke us up!
(3) I’ve sent 2 complaints to the airport and KIACC this week re the planes coming in at midnight at 2:50 am. Admittedly the latter two were this evening but aside from the standard automatic responses I’ve not heard anything from Manston. Is there a contact at Thanet council we can also direct complaints to? Very awake now at this ungodly hour!
(4) Yet again I find my family being woken during the night. Twice!
In your capacity as the airport spokesman can I ask how it is that flights are operating at these times despite there supposed to be an agreement in place that flights do not operate at night.
Obviously by now I understand that when TDC refers to a fines regime it actually means that the operator does what it wants and TDC says “fine”, however, please indulge me and arrange for the usual standard letter setting out that there is no penalty for the operator and the excuses why. Perhaps, as in the case of my complaint re the 3:50am flight, this letter could again come from the environmental protection manager just to cap the ridiculousness of the situation.
I have copied in my councillor so that they are aware of my complaint.