Here’s a very handy website for finding out about our MPs actually do, and for keeping tabs on them: TheyWorkForYou.com
It provides citizens with a range of information on their politicians, such as:
* Who their local MP is
* What MPs said in Parliament
* Summaries of how MPs have voted
* Text of debates in Parliament
* Video of MPs talking in debates
* Written questions MPs have submitted to government departments, and the answers they’ve got back
* Email alerts whenever an MP speaks, or a topic is mentioned in Parliament
* Comments and annotations from our users on what has been said
You can find out what your politicians have actually done. For example, here’s some of what they have to say about Roger Gale:
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament.
- Voted moderately against introducing a smoking ban.
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards.
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitals.
- Voted moderately against introducing student top-up fees.
- Voted strongly against Labour’s anti-terrorism laws.
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war.
- Voted strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war.
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident.
- Voted very strongly for the hunting ban.
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights.
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change.