Hi There, Just to let you know that we were woken at exactly 03:00 Wednesday 26 October with a very noisy night flight over Beltinge, Herne Bay. As my husband has to get up at 04:40 for a train to London he was not best pleased. Best regards, Hi, I complained via Manston’s website and received an almost instant reply… …Read More »
Yup, another night of misery for Ramsgate, as you'll see from the comments below. Here's a number of things for you all to think about:
- There will be a public meeting of KIACC (the Consultative Committee for the airport) on Tuesday 11th October. This is usually held in the passenger lounge at Manston. Time to be confirmed. [Correction: the KIACC meeting is Friday 21st October, time TBA. I was cruelly misled!]
- PLEASE could you check through the piss-poor replies you've had to earlier complaints for late Tuesday nights/early Wednesday mornings - I think we may have an unofficial timetable operating. Use the comments on this post to enter the date, time, and operator/aircraft details.
- A new contact within TDC for you is Madeline Homer, on email@example.com - Ms Homer has taken on Brian White's role in Regeneration, and reported to the recent Airport Working Party that:
- the S106 is voluntary (wrong)
- the current monitoring gives no cause for concern (judge for yourselves)
Thanet District Council's Penny Button Penny.Button@thanet.gov.uk has special responsibility for Manston Airport. Here's what she had to say to one of the many unhappy residents who contacted her:
Read More »
Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding an aircraft movement associated with Kent International Airport. The statutory powers available to Thanet District Council to deal with noise exclude aircraft noise, however, we do have a voluntary Town & Country Planning Act S106 agreement with the airport operator which contains some sanctions with regard to aircraft movements.
I live in Ramsgate and was woken up at 3.50am this morning (1st July 2011) by a plane coming in to land at Manston. I couldn't get back to sleep. I feel terrible now and I know I'll feel terrible for the rest of the day. It makes Ramsgate a bad place to live and I find that really upsetting.Read More »