Those of you have been following the development of the Local Plan will know that Herne Bay is in line to get royally screwed – the proposed housing will increase the size of our town by between a quarter and a third.
In recognition of the potentially devastating impact this will have, the powers that be in Canterbury have kindly allowed one day of the seventeen day inquiry to be held in Herne Bay (King’s Hall, Tuesday 21st July). Cheers for that.
All the information you need in one place
The hearing sessions start Tuesday 14 July at 10am, at The Franciscan International Study Centre, Giles Lane, Canterbury CT2 7NA. Tea and coffee will be available to purchase at the venue, however please note that food is not available.
Note: On 21 July, the hearing session will be held at The King’s Hall, Herne Bay Kent CT6 6BA. Refreshments will be available to purchase.
Hearing programmes (as of 17 June 2015)
Where parties have a right to be heard the Inspector has allocated them to those sessions that reflect the representations that they made on the submitted plan. This means that they may not be included in some sessions that they had asked for. The hearings are not the opportunity to make new representations on matters not included in those made earlier.
- Session programme stage 1 – July 2015
- Session programme stage 2 – September 2015
- Matters, issues and questions – 09 July 2015
- Canterbury City Council Opening Statement at Examination 14/07/2014
Written Statements to Inspector’s matters and questions are now available to view.
Submission of the draft Local Plan
We have submitted our draft Local Plan 2014 to the Planning Inspectorate to be examined by an independent Inspector Mr Mike Moore BA (Hons) MRTPI CMILT MCIHT. Copies of the documents submitted to the Inspectorate are available on our examination documents page along with the Inspector’s correspondence.
The examination programme and hearings are determined by the Inspector.
Please contact Angela Furlong, the Programme Officer on 01227 862 388 or via the email link below for further details. She is managing the administration of the examination on behalf of the Inspector. Any correspondence regarding the examination should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 09 July 2015
- Letter from inspector WMS 9 July 15
- Canterbury City Council response to letter 1 April 2015 – issue 10 key diagram.
- Guidance Notes Post Pre Hearing Meeting 15 May 2015
- Pre Hearing Notes May 2015
- Pre Hearing meeting attendees 13 May 2015
- Response letter to CCC from Pre Hearing Meeting reply dated 10 June
The council’s response to the points requested by the Inspector at the pre-hearing meeting held on Wednesday 13 May.
- List of Omission Sites requested by Inspector 15 May 2015
- Letter regarding consultation and communications about representations 20 May 2015
- Joint Canterbury City Council and Kent County Council Sturry Link Position Statement May 2015
- List of publications prepared post June 2014
- Housing Needs Review – This document supersedes version 12777/MS
Council’s response to points 1 and 2 of Inspector’s letter dated 01/04/14 – sent 8 May 2015
- SA Technical Note responding to point 7 of Inspector’s letter dated 01/04/15 – sent 8 May 2015
- Covering letter
- Inspector’s letter to council 01/04/15
- Examination guidance note
- Pre-hearing meeting agenda Wed 13 May
- Council’s response to the Inspector regarding main modifications
- Reply from the Inspector to the council 10/03/2015
- Annex 5 Kent County Council household projections
- Annexes referred to in the council’s response
- Council’s response to the Inspector’s letter dated 23/01/15
- Inspector’s letter to council 18/12/14
Last updated 15 July 2015
This is a list of the documents submitted to the Planning Inspectorate for the Examination. The list may be updated during the Examination process:
CDLP 1.1 Canterbury District Local Plan Publication Draft June 2014 Proposal maps (This is a large file and may take a while to download)
CDLP 1.2 Canterbury District Local Plan Preferred Option Draft June 2013 CCC Proposal maps (This is a large file and may take a while to download)
CDLP 1.16 Adopted Local Plan 2006 1st Review as amended by the saved policies direction under paragraph 1(3) of Schedule 8 to the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, dated 30 June 2009
CDLP 1.16 Adopted Local Plan 2006 proposal maps This is a large file and may take a while to upload.
Local Plan consultation
Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment
CDLP 5.7 Housing Needs Review – This document supersedes version REF 12777/MS
Appendices to Canterbury Retail and Leisure Study, added 3 June 2015
Landscape and biodiversity
Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment
CDLP 10.12 SA Technical Note responding to point 7 of Inspector’s letter dated 1 April 2015 – sent 8 May 2015
Viability – implementation
CDLP 11.7 Comments received on draft IDP
- Bancroft Consulting Comments
- Courtley Consultants Response
- Dover District Council Comments
- Environment Agency Response
- Hobbs Parker Response
- Hollamby Estates Response
- Lee Evans A E Estates response email to David Coates
- Lee Evans A E Estates Response
- Lee Evans K B Response
- Lee Evans Response-Land NW of Sturry Road
- Natural England Response
- South East Water Comments
- Southern Water comments
- Stagecoach comments
- Taylor Wimpey iTransport Response
CDLP 12.2 Flood risk maps – These are listed below as appendices 1 – 8.
- Appendix_1_Flood zone map_2010
- Appendix_2_Flood zone map_2110
- Appendix_3_Historic map
- Appendix_3_Historic_table 1
- Appendix_4_Def_watercourse map
- Appendix_4_Defence_infrastructure_table 1
- Appendix_5_Breach_overtopping_table 1
- Appendix_5_Hazard map_2010
- Appendix_5_Hazard map_2110
- Appendix_5_Scenario_table 2
- Appendix_6_Depth map_2010
- Appendix_6_Depth map_2110
- Appendix_7_Development sites
- Appendix_7_Development sites_table 1
- Appendix_8_Flooding scrutiny action plan
Health and community
Climate change And renewable energy
Herne Bay Area Action Plan
Correspondence with Inspector
CDLP 16.1 Session programme stage 1 – July 2015, as of 17 June 2015
CDLP 16.2 Session programme stage 2 -September 2015, as of 17 June 2015
SA Technical Note responding to point 7 of Inspector’s letter dated 1 April 2015 – sent 8 May 2015 See CDLP 10.12
CDLP 16.13 Council’s response to points 1 and 2 of Inspector’s letter dated 1 April 2015 – sent 8 May 2015
Housing Needs Review This document supersedes version 12777/MS See CDLP 5.7
CDLP 16.14 List of publications prepared post June 2014
Joint Canterbury City Council and Kent County Council Sturry Link Position Statement May 2015 See CDLP 8.9
CDLP 16.17 Response letter to CCC from Pre Hearing Meeting reply dated 10 June The council’s response to the points requested by the Inspector at the pre-hearing meeting held on Wednesday 13 May.
CDLP 16.18 Pre Hearing meeting attendees 13 May 2015
CDLP 16.28 Consultees who commented on Preferred Option Draft 2013 but did not comment on Publication Draft 2014
CDLP 16.29 Consultees from 2014 Publication Draft who made reference to their earlier comments from Preferred Option 2013
Documents submitted during the hearing sessions
CDLP 16.30 Canterbury strategic green gaps Natural England
CDLP 16.31 J Baker 780828 Additional papers referred to Matters 4 and 5
CDLP 16.32 J Baker 780828 Additional papers referred to Matters 1,2 and 7